Mission Statement & Goals
Many times through adverse conditions we come to realize the necessity for quality care within our community. This is the beginning of the Jimmy Simpson Foundation. A Board of Directors was established to help develop and implement the programs of the Jimmy Simpson Foundation and opened its doors in July 1998.
The Jimmy Simpson Foundation, a non-profit organization, dedicated to serving the community through direct services and education for brain injury.
- To educate the community regarding brain injury by providing a monthly support group for individuals with brain injury, their families and caregivers.
- To maintain an educational website regarding programs supported by the Jimmy Simpson Foundation.
- To participate in annual conferences regarding brain injury.
- To provide fund raising activities that will benefit the programs of the Jimmy Simpson Foundation.
- To create and maintain a twenty-four hour environment which will promote the quality of life for the severely brain injured; SAFEHAVEN
- To create and maintain a brain injury support group to help educate the community regarding brain injury.
- Form mutually beneficial working relationships with other organizations including state and federal agencies that support the foundation’s mission.
- Everyone has the right to a high quality of life, regardless of mental or physical capabilities.
- The Board of Directors, Staff and Volunteers of the Jimmy Simpson Foundation are committed to the goals and mission of the foundation.
- The Foundation respects contributions made by each individual associated with the foundation.
- The primary responsibility of the Jimmy Simpson Foundation’s officers and directors is to identify the resources for the foundation’s activities and provide the leadership that will support the implementation of the foundations policies.